Family Business Advisor Core (FBAC)
The FBAC has been specifically designed for consulting professionals and is not intended for clients such as family-owned and closely held businesses. Successful advisors are typically comfortable with developing and maintaining interactive relationships with business and family members. In many instances those individuals will be business owners and entrepreneurs.
To explore the unique features of the family business and learn how, in our various roles, we can assist the family to become more engaged and equipped to build value, meet the challenges of both business and family and create a sustainable business for the future.
Completing the FBAC will enable participants to better understand the unique features of the family business. Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Understand the techniques to build trust with their client companies.
- Experience an increased understanding of the impact of family dynamics and family systems on organizational change.
- Report a variety of tactics to improve communication between family members/owners/leaders and professional advisors.
- Understand key methods to develop and maintain momentum in organizational change and transition.
- Understand the various roles that the advisors play and when they could be employed.
- Confidently employ a number of tools to enhance family decision-making.
- Understand the role of conflict in the business dynamic and ways to minimize its negative impact.
- Employ a coach approach to begin the succession and transition discussion.
- Learn how to identify areas where outside, professional expertise is needed (e.g. Estate Planning).
- Develop an action plan with clients to gain commitment and momentum for change.
- Understand and commit to the use of the materials and tools in the spirit of true partnership with Galliard.
Participants in the Family Business Advisor Core Training can earn up to 14 CPE Credits in the Business Management and Organization field of study. The program is an Overview and delivery method is Group- Live.
The Galliard Family Business Advisor Institute is registered with the National Association of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to theNational Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
Many of our advisors strive to become certified in the Galliard methodology. Certification requires completion of the Core Training, successful completion of the on-line knowledge assessment, the design and completion of a project and the submission of a written case study. If you’re an advisor who is interested in becoming certified, please contact us for more information.