Excellent opportunity to manage a unique, growing NYC company
Are you interested in joining a dynamic company that for 30+ years has been a market leader in the beauty and fashion industry? This family-owned and operated company is poised for significant growth and the owners are ready to groom their successor!
Our client is seeking an outstanding, entrepreneurial, results-oriented Vice President of Operations and Finance with significant experience developing and leading a successful business through growth and change. The successful candidate will be a solid, grounded individual who is comfortable working with creative individuals in a diversity respectful environment.
The VP will start as part of a four-person Executive Team to provide co-leadership to the 32-person organization, working with the Owners and another management team member to set and achieve accelerated expansion goals and to continuously improve financial, operational and market performance. It is expected that over time, responsibilities will increase as the owners’ succession plan unfolds.
VP Position Description
The VP reports to the two Owners of the company and is responsible for all functional areas of the business. The senior management team, who reports to the VP, includes: Marketing, Sales, Operations, Supply Chain, and Finance/Admin.
- Keep the Owners abreast of the state of the organization
- Identify opportunities for improved financial outcomes, growth potential and increased enterprise value
- Work with owners to translate their vision into strategic corporate goals and performance criteria
- Set departmental goals; plan and direct implementation
- Develop and manage corporate operational and capital budgets
- Practice fiscal responsibility and manage risk when making corporate decisions
- Identify opportunities and develop strategic alliances with manufacturers, distributors and licensees
- Build a strong management team and provide guidance, resources and autonomy to successfully manage their functional areas and contribute to the company goals
- Develop organizational, financial and operational capabilities and systems and assuring adherence to policies and procedures
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement and common purpose through clear and consistent communication and practices
- Implement a corporate-wide performance management system to track performance, maintain accountability and stay the course to goal attainment.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Strategic thinker with business and financial acumen
- Attuned to market opportunities and brand potential
- A seasoned executive with relevant experience and knowledge
- Possesses both technical and interpersonal skills to make timely and credible key decisions and then provides support so they are followed through to fruition
- Demonstrates leadership through good judgment, consistency and integrity
- An even-keel problem solver
- Customer focused
- Articulate, educated and cultured communicator with excellent written and verbal skills
Required minimum qualifications include:
- Experience in the beauty/fashion or related industries
- 8+ years in an executive position with increasing responsibilities and a proven track record of positive financial outcomes, growth and expansion
- 3-5 years in a similar leadership position (company size and complexity)
- Experience at a management level, responsible for multi-location, international supply chain operations
- Experience with negotiations and contracts
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field from an accredited institution
- B2B and B2C sales and marketing
Individuals will be considered for this position based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is also offered as part of the compensation.
Please submit a cover letter and resume with your salary history and expectations to us here. When applying, please type the Position’s Title & Job Code 6251 in the Subject Line.
Applications must be posted electronically.
Applications close at 5pm EST on Wednesday, February 15th, 2017. For additional information, please contact Project Manager 6251.